Saturday 16 January 2010

Everything Stops For B





Everything grinds to a halt when Buster comes to stay. My son and his wife had somewhere to go this weekend and could not take the dogs so I have Buster and my granddaughter has Skye. I am not sure who drew the short straw and got Dillon the pup! Buster arrived with his dog bed but as you can see from the photo he has other ideas about where he wants to sleep.As he is used to 2 other dogs to play with he gets a bit bored here and demands attention most of the time. I have not been able to walk him which hasn't helped. The snow has mostly melted with the rain but I am not sure how the rest of the street and the woodland are and I can't risk falling.

I have finished off the hat and scarf. It has a rather wiggly fringe at the moment due to the wool having been unravelled. I am not one for re-hanking and steaming out the crinkles. They will drop out when the scarf is washed. I did try to get Buster to model it for me but as you can see he was not too impressed.

I was flicking through the TV channels and came upon One Man and His Dog. Buster was glued to it watching the dogs chase the sheep and his ears pricked up every time the shepherd whistled. I had an hour's peace to try to do a bit of knitting on a hat. It is looking a bit on the small side but as it is on 5 needles it is difficult to tell until it is finished.The wool I am using is mostly wool so no doubt the hat will get bigger with wear or I can always block it out a bit bigger. I really don't suit hats I don't know why I bother making them. I must have a dozen hats and I don't like myself in any of them!

Buster has got fed up of me typing now and is poking my legs with his ball so I guess I had better play ball with him for a while and hope that it tires him out a bit so I can finish off the hat.

No comments: