Saturday 23 January 2010

12th Hat and Time for Something Different



Last night I finished my 12th hat ready to be taken to Nexus Art Cafe tomorrow to the Big Knit Out. I will take some wool with me tomorrow so there could possibly be 13 hats in this batch. I am waiting for some more wool before I make any more so I decided to start a little baby crochet as a treat to me last night.

The pattern I am using on one of Heather's from justcrochet,com and if you click on my blog title it will take you to her home page. The set I am making is the one on the right. The angel top, pants and floppy sun hat illustrated in lilac and white. I love very pretty girly things and I do know of two fairly new born baby girls so this set could be destined for one of them. Just recently everybody has had boys. I have nothing against boys but it usually involves yards of plain knitting where boys are concerned and I am a crocheter at heart. Modern mums today seem to like everything plain and it's very boring to have to knit and crochet plain things.

Another dull and rainy day. Nothing must exciting happening today. I just did a bit of local shopping and am about to put my feet up with a coffee and enjoy a bit more girly crochet. I hope that you are having a good weekend.

No comments: