Sunday 6 July 2008

Rain, Rain go away



The rain has barely stopped today. Torrential rain for most of the day and thunder and lightening. What a lovely summer Sunday!

Lisa and Vicky came to visit me this lunchtime to cheer me up. It is so nice to have a bit of company as I am still feeling a little bit off and not back to my normal self, whatever that is. I am not depressed as such more bewildered as to what will happen next. Lisa brought me some goodies for my freezer for when I get out of hospital. She also brought some green chenille and a ball of purple mohair. I have offered to make a crocheted shawl for her daughter. I was going to make it after the operation but I will start it before as I have no idea when I am going in now. I am looking for a different pattern to the Sweet Pea shawl as I feel like a change with this one. I will start it as soon as I finish crocheting my modified Doris Chan sweater.

I have been crocheting away today, well until I fell asleep for an hour before the thunder woke me up. I have resolved the problem of my forgetting to increase at the neckline with a bit of improvisation. All will be revealed when I have finished the whole sweater. I have done about half of the body and one sleeve as you can see.

I hope that I can stay awake long enough to do a bit more crocheting tonight. I don't know why I feel so sleepy today. I need to do a bit of knitting on my niece's sock otherwise too much crochet will make my wrists hurt. I like to alternate between knitting and crochet so that I give my wrists a change of movements.

1 comment:

June said...

Looking forward to seeing how the Doris Chan looks when it is finished. Also, I really want to see your shawl and wonder what pattern you decide to do. Whatever you choose, it is sure to be lovely as you are so good at crochet and I really like everything you do.