Sunday 20 July 2008

Having a change from crochet




I had a change from crochet last night and this afternoon. I decided to try to finish off the Opal socks that I had started for my niece. I felt they had been on the needles long enough and I want to finish them off before Wednesday. I took a photo of the ball of wool as it looks really crinkly. I usually knit from the centre of the ball so have never seen a ball do this before. I have turned the heel so should have them finished on time.

I have posted another photo of the crochet even though it hasn't grown to show you what the colour really looks like plus the pattern photo from the book.

I went to see the sofas today. I wanted to sit on them just to make sure that they are comfy as they will arrive on Thursday when I should be in hospital. They are lovely and squashy and I am very happy with them. I have decided to put my recliner in the bay window as Buster's look out chair rather than have him jumping all over the new sofas. It's a bit past it's best but Buster only wrecks his look out chair. I can always revive it with a throw.When I come out of hospital it will be like walking into a different house.

I have ordered a couple of Interweave Crochet back number books from Pavi Yarns so am hoping that they will arrive tomorrow. I love the excitement of a parcel.

Back to the knitting now. I have turned the heel so may manage to finish off most of the sock tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy with the sofas. It'll be nice for you to come home to them. :-)
Happy knitting! :-)

June said...

The socks are looking good. I really like the colours. Glad the sofas were comfortable. They give you a reason to crochet some lovely throws with some of your stash.