Friday, 4 July 2008

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go

Well my bags are packed and I am ready to go. There is one small problem. I am not going - well not yet. They rang me at 8.30am this morning to tell me that my operation had been cancelled due to an emergency admission. The only thing that they can tell me is that I am on the stand by list and will be admitted within the next 2 weeks depending on cancellations and who is free etc. They apologised for messing me about (and how) but the lady admitted in my place is in danger of being paralysed if not operated on immediately so I can't argue with that - her need is far greater than mine.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and prayers for me. Can you put them on hold for me until I need them again hopefully in the near future. My mobile phone is having a funny turn today. Every text message that people have sent to me has arrived 3 times. 5 times in Caroline's case. I feel like I am so popular only to realize that I have read the message twice before!

I am not taking the whole of my house with me in those bags by the way. The blue bag holds my CPAP machine that I need to be hooked up to for my sleep apnoea. I am going to leave the main bag packed. I will probably arrive next time without things as I take hairbrush etc out of my bag and forget to replace them. Notice the colour of my bag Amber and Vicky. Yeah for purple!

Buster has apparently settled in well at my son's house and is happily playing with Skye. He is getting 2 walks a day and went swimming in the weir this morning. I think I will have to fight to get him back again now. They said they might bring him back after the weekend. He was their dog originally but they passed him on to me because of his constant barking and growling at the babies. Apparently he is not barking now he is not on his own and has calmed down since he has been with me so might be OK with the babies. If the problem is solved they might want to have him back again. He is definitely going with them on their holidays in August. They have decided to take him whether he comes home to me or stays with them. Now that my op has been delayed it would be debatable that I would be fit enough to walk him by August anyway.

As you can see from the last photo I have started another Doris Chan sweater but this time with a V neck similar to the one that I made for my niece. I am not going to make the cross over neckband that hers has. Maybe a shell edging for mine. As the wool is the same thickness as my purple one I will aim for long sleeves but I have slightly less wool so they may be more of a three quarter sleeve.


Anonymous said...

Dang girl! I am sorry you are being messed about so much! Waiting is a pain!

June said...

Words fail me! All I can say is you are in my thoughts.

Mad about Craft said...

Oh! B$%^&*!!!!!!

I'm going to lay bets to see who has their op first, you or my Dad, who is supposed to have his op on the 15th.