Friday 30 April 2010

Friday Is for Crochet



I have been crocheting for a lot of today. The weather has turned cold again and my knees don't like it so I thought that I would spend the day crocheting to take my mind off things.

I have progressed with the Lacy Duster Coat and it now has two sleeves and I am almost at the place when I change patterns for the bottom third of the coat. I have put a link to the pattern (click on my blog title) for the anonymous person who posted on my last blog page asking which pattern I was using. It is a Doris Chan free pattern and this coat is the third one that I have made but only one of them was for me.

My knitting club friends Kath and Sylvia made it to the Black Sheep sale today and as I could not get there I asked Sylvia to look out for any bargains that she thought that I would like. She phoned to ask if I wanted a couple of packs that she had found for me so of course I said yes. OK I know I was not going to increase my stash but apart from buying wool for gifts I have managed to almost get to May without breaking my New Year's resolution and as I won't make it to Woolfest this year then I won't be tempted into spending there. I won't see my bargain packs for a couple of weeks as I don't see Sylvia every week. It will be all the more exciting when I do get to see them. Sylvia, I hope that you don't mind waiting for the money that I owe you until I see you next.

I wish that I could have gone there myself to have a look but it's probably just as well or I could have come home with a few more packs than the couple Sylvia has picked up for me . I can't wait to hear about what Kath and Sylvia have bought. Yeah for wool sales and bargains!

I may have a rest from the Lacy Duster tonight and start a bit of knitting. If I work too long on one craft then my fingers start to ache. Oh the joys of old age LOL if one bit of me doesn't ache then another bit does.

No comments: