Friday 9 April 2010

Easy Triangular Crochet Shawl






Although this shawl is crocheted in chunky it is very light to wear. The pattern is from Contemporary Crochet by Sys Fredens. I used approx 300 grams of James c Brett Marble chunky and I used a 10mm hook as I found the 12mm hook advised on the pattern to be too bulky for me to hold comfortably.

The shawl in the book is quite plain as you can see in the bottom photo so I decided to add a bit of a border as in my opinion it looked a bit plain. This is for my niece as a compensation for having to give her birthday present so late. I haven't actually done any more crochet on her jacket as I wanted to finish off the shawl first. I have, at least, got it out of it's bag there is every chance of my restarting it tonight.

Yesterday I went to Tesco after the hospital so today my knees need a good rest so maybe I will have a crochet afternoon instead.

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments. I am so pleased that I had good news to share with you. It was a tough week even though I tried my best not to think about it. I had some funny thoughts running through my mind during that week. Maybe it's my strange sense of humour. I was tidying my basket of hats the other day and was thinking to myself well if I have chemo and loose my hair then at least I have plenty of hats to wear! And another day I said to my niece if anything happens to me make sure that you distribute my wool stash and books. I know it's morbid but I will have to think about these things some day so I have delegated my niece to the task of getting rid of my clothes. wool stash, hooks, needles and books. My son would place no value on them and just throw everything in the bin and as a avid crafter I would have to come back and haunt him if he did that instead of passing them on to someone who would value them. I don't think that it's morbid to talk about these things. I know that when I eventually go to meet my maker I want to know that my wishes are upheld. Far too many people never discuss these things and the family left behind has to make all kinds of decisions as well as dealing with their grief.

Time for Loose Women, a spot of lunch and then I think it's feet up with a bit of daytime TV and my crochet. Yeah this is the life. The housework can wait until the weekend as I have already done my food shopping.

No comments: