Thursday 12 February 2009

Chevron Lace Cardigan



I am feeling slightly better today. The chest X ray came back clear so the doctor was right I apparently don't have a chest infection as he first said. Quite what I do have is still a mystery but it does seem to be responding. albeit slowly, to the strong antibiotics. All I know is that I would not wish what I have had on anyone. I still feel rather weak and wobbly and have coughed so many times that my ribs ache. However I did manage to get some sleep last night. Not quality sleep in one stretch but nevertheless added together I did get a few hours.

As you know I have been trying to slowly diminish my wool stash. I am making this Chevron Lace cardigan with the rest of the grey wool left over from my niece's Christmas cardigan. I am not sure that grey is my colour but I am sure it will be a useful anytime any day cardigan. The good news is that the pattern is free and if you click on my blog title today then it will take you to the photo that I saw and loved.

I am still taking it easy today again so am sitting and doing some crochet. My feeling a bit better today has not extended to over exerting myself with a hoover or a duster. Well I don't want to take a backward turn - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. Tomorrow is another day so they say.

3 comments:

June said...

I have made this Chevron Lace Cardigan and it really is a great pattern, easy to do and turns out very well. I have made it in red and want to do it again in cream. Glad to hear that your chest is clear and that you are a little bit better today.

Cinders said...

Hope you get well soon. coughing gets really painful on the ribs and diaphragm doesnt it?
I'm not sleeping either at the mo so When I'm up at 3 am I'll wave to you down Bury new Road!!

Like the cardi.

Zu said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better and got some sleep. This mystery illness is a pain in the butt!