Sunday, 19 July 2009
Crochet Rib Baby Jacket
I made this for the foster baby of a friend, The pattern is King Cole 3052 one of the patterns that I bought from Purplelinda last week. The wool is oddments from my stash and as I did not have enough wool to make the hood I added a collar instead. There are no buttonholes and the instructions are to push the buttons through the stitches of the pattern. I think the front edging looks a bit raggy so would amend that if I made another one. The ribbed effect is made by crocheting around the posts in front on one row and behind the posts on the next row thus making a thicker rib type stitch. The pattern does not mention changing colours on the sleeves and yet the picture shows stripes. I changed colours every two rows to make my jacket look like the pattern. I think my oddments were thicker than the recommended DK weight but it will make a warm winter jacket as it has come out a bit bigger than the baby is at the moment.
Today I have been cleaning up after Buster went home again and so haven't done much crochet today. Last night I fell asleep on the sofa so none done then either.