Tuesday 14 April 2009

More photos of Granny Takes a trip







I tried the "Granny Takes a Trip" jacket on today and immediately started singing "I wore my coat of many colours" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat. Lisa intends to wear the jacket when she visits the festivals this summer. I hope for her sake that it is not a hot summer as she will swelter in this jacket.

If you look closely you will see that there are two of each square in the jacket. I think I did well to make 38 squares without repeating a sequence. I am showing both sleeves as each godet is a different colour making the sleeves different to each other. The edging has loops with shells made in each loop. three of these will form the button holes for the front. That is the one thing I have left to make. 3 crochet buttons.

I haven't done any crochet last night or today so far. Last night it was after 7pm when my son and his wife picked Buster up. I didn't have any dog food left for his dinner so I didn't make my dinner until he had gone home as I could not stand his little face looking at me for his dinner. By the time I had made dinner and eaten it I just fell asleep on the sofa.

Today I am cleaning the lounge, stairs and my bedroom. I have had to wash the throws and all of the cushions. I don't know how I coped when I had Buster full time. He sheds so much hair. I will do the dining room and kitchen tomorrow.

I hope to do some crochet when I have finished for the day if I am not too tired.

4 comments:

June said...

That is a unique jacket and should get lots of positive comments at the festivals. I am still amazed at how quickly you finish each item that you make and this is one of my favourites of all.

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Wonderful Jan, I would love one like this but full length:)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh!!... What a BEAUTIFUL job you did on this, Jan! I LOVE it!

Zu said...

Amazing job Jan, it's really pretty!
Don't injure yourself cleaning now. :-)