Thursday 2 April 2009

20 squares done - only 56 more to make!





As you can see I have made 20 squares for Lisa's jacket and so far not repeated a colour sequence. That is the hardest part. Deciding which colours to do next. It takes me as long to do that as it does to make the square.

I have also made all of the triangles that go into the sleeves to make the bell shape and the two black triangles that fit at each side to widen the jacket for the hips. I wanted to do these so that I knew that I had enough wool in each colour left to make each triangle in a single colour. I can always use bits and pieces of colours in the squares.

My brother came yesterday to take me to Tesco to do some food shopping. I was grateful for this as I was wondering if my knee would stand up to the journey to and from Tesco pushing my fully laden 4 wheeled granny trolley. I bought enough food to stock me up for a couple of weeks whilst I had the luxury of a car to transport it all home for me. My knee ached after that but I am determined to walk up to the village later today whilst the weather is so nice.

I am going to concentrate on knitting today. Poor sock monkey has not had a row knitted on him since the Sunday Knitting Noras Knit Out so I am giving my hands a change of craft. I will probably return to my crochet later as knitting is not my forte these days.

4 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Can't wait to see that finished Jan, just my colours:)

Anonymous said...

Wowsers! I love it! It'll be nicer than the one on the pattern. oOo what a lucky laydeee I am! Lx

June said...

I just love those colours and can't wait to see it finished. Your colours are better than the ones on the pattern and I think it will be one of my favourites. Once again, I am amazed at how much you have done in the time.

Zu said...

Whoa look at all those beautiful colors!! Can't wait to see the finished product. :-)