Saturday 8 May 2010

Sneaking A Bit of Crochet




Yes, I know that I said I would knit some more on Charlie's jacket. I did. I finished off the first sleeve. After that I succumbed to the call of the hook. I did try to resist but as I have absolutely no willpower at all (hence the sylph like body but that's another story) I gave in and started to crochet a matinee jacket.

It is another of Kay Jones patterns and as you can see it goes up to a child's size so it's a useful pattern as the girl babies grow older. As I am making this for a soon to arrive foster baby I am going to edge it with pale green so that at a pinch a little boy can wear it. I know it is a bit girly with the ties and the lacy pattern but a newborn can wear it. I might possibly just leave the ties off and fasten it with a button to make it more unisex. I will ask the foster Mum when I get to that stage.

I have just come back from a shopping trip up to the village. I cling to Ivy, my 4 wheeled shopping trolley, for stability and balance. She is called Ivy after the lady who gave it to me. It is rather battered but it does the job. Ivy, the person, used it up to getting worse at walking and she had to progress to an electric wheelchair. When she heard on Freecycle that I was asking if anyone had a spare trolley she kindly gave me her old one.It has been the best thing that I have ever got from Freecycle.Nowadays I don't have a car so although I look on Freecycle I don't get anything anymore as I cannot pick it up. I stay a member as sometimes I have things that I want to give away.

My freezer is full again as I am just not in the mood these days to prepare meals from scratch. I know that it is bad for me and no good for my figure but I do tend to take the easy route as far as food is concerned.

Time for a coffee and to put my feet up and find something non political to watch on the TV. I hate the requiems that they have after an election. They go over and over the same ground and I find it all so boring. What has happened cannot be changed so let's just get on with things. All the discussions in the world won't change anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think if you make the tie the same shade of green it would be just perfect for a little boy. I just can't get over how quickly you turn these things out. What a woman!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Wow youa re a speedy cat Jan:) Love the current crop of crochet and knitting. Sorry youa re having so many problems walking, I know the feeling. Sending lots of healing energy your way and thoughts of an early op for you

Mimi said...

What a lovely little sweater.