Wednesday 24 December 2008

Tis Christmas Eve and I am still crocheting!





Here I am, nose to the grindstone, still running around on my wheel. The badly photographed items are last minute presents for my daughter in law. I wrapped all the presents up and decided that she was decidedly scant in her pile of presents so hence the big rush. As per usual trying to photograph black in this dim dark miserable Christmas Eve light has meant fuzzy unclear photos but I hope that you can get the general idea,

The bolero Is a concoction of my own based loosely on a couple of Doris Chan patterns. It started off as a Tall Latte evolved into a bit of a Mei Mei with adaptions and finished off as a bit of my own interpretation around the sleeves. Ah well Doris does say to improvise - so I did. The wool has silver lurex in it but I doubt if you can see that in the photos.

The wrist warmers are my own pattern based loosely on a knitted pair that I saw. I knew that I didn't have time to knit them so I used the general idea and crocheted a pair. I hope that you can see the ribbon lacing on them. They are reminiscent of opera gloves and I am hoping that my once Goth daughter in law likes them.

Today I need to find the pattern and wool for the 80's style leg warmers that I shall be knitting over Christmas for my niece to wear to a themed New Year party but firstly I shall be trying to see if I have time for a hat and scarf today - crocheted of course.

Thank you to everyone for their Christmas wishes. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your families. Lay off the mince pies and choccies or you too will have a figure like mine for Christmas!

No comments: