Saturday 13 December 2008

The joys of knitting black wool in electric light



I had forgotten what a joy it is to knit with black in either dim winter light or electric light. My eyes are definitely not what they once were and black 4ply on 2.75mm needles is not exactly my idea of a fun project. Thankfully they are fingerless gauntlet gloves so hopefully they will soon be finished. Unfortunately I have more small projects planned before Christmas and all in black! I am still choosing which colour to use for the fair isle pattern on the hand. The pattern is from the Boutique Knits book that I bought recently and the wool is Sirdar Country Style 4ply.

The red Cinnabar is progressing and has almost reached the size of the Mei Mei bolero. Thankfully it grows a whole lot faster than the 4ply. It is looking a bit on the small side but I find Doris Chan's patterns do grow a lot once blocked or even in wear.

So it's time to go back to my projects. I think I will stick to the Cinnabar until it's time to put the light on which will probably be in a few minutes despite it not being 3.30pm yet!

3 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I using black wool at this time also. I thought it was my glasses, I'm having a dilly of a time.
Vicki

Kathy said...

My eyes have betrayed me lately, too. I have trouble with black wool as well.

It's not that I'm getting old though. It's the yarn's fault. Or the pattern's. Or the light bulb's.

Anonymous said...

I don't like crocheting with black wool much either. It wasn't bad back home where we had sunlight though. ;-)
The cinnabar does look kinda small. I hope your theory is correct.