Tuesday 4 November 2008

Another present done - still more to go!





I have finished the black crochet shawl destined for my sister in law's sister for her birthday. I made that one first as if/when Buster comes home I manage to get his hair all over anything black I am knitting or crocheting no matter how hard I try not to. I wear a cotton apron to crochet when he is around but his hair still manages to get into most things I make.For such a short haired dog who gets brushed regularly he sure does moult a lot.

I have now started Josephine from Knitty.com. If you want a look at the pattern click on the title of this blog. I am not using chunky so I am juggling the pattern to use aran thickness instead. I had a few hairy moments when I started it as I am not noted for my comprehension of pattern charts. I have a sort of mental blank when I stare at symbols and squiggles. My mind doesn't seem to work that way. Now I have done a couple of pattern repeats I am OK now. I am not going to make the collar so big and am already contemplating putting pattern on the sleeves instead of just ribbing. Here I go again altering everything!

My work will slow down somewhat now I am knitting. I can't knit as fast as I can crochet so I feel that things take such a long time to make. Other people say I knit quite fast but I suppose I am spoilt with the speed I can crochet.

I spoke to Julie, my neighbour, today she is home from Christies and they managed to remove the lump and leave all of her vital organs pancreas, liver and kidney intact. She has unfortunately had to have a hysterectomy as her womb and ovaries were damaged from the chemo and granules from the lump. I am praying that everything is a success and she won't need any further surgery or treatment.

I am off to pay my newspaper bill before they stop delivering. My local paper shop closed down and this shop is not in the centre so I have that bit further to walk. I mean to pay it every week but it always drifts into a month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shawl is lovely! Once again you've done a great job. :-)