Thursday 1 May 2008

Short n Sweet shrug once again








This is my latest version of the Short n Sweet Shrug by Angela 'La Vonne' Best in the Stitch n Bitch book The Happy Hooker. It is beautifully modelled by Perran, Vicky's daughter, and was made in honour of her 7th birthday. I had taken some photos of the shrug but decided to wait for the better photos taken by Vicky before posting on my blog. It is made in a double knit cotton that I bought from Lidl. Although it was economically priced I have found that my garments have washed well and will certainly buy it again if Lidl ever has it on offer again. I had to adapt the pattern slightly to scale it to Perran's size as the pattern starts at size 27" but then the next size is 36".
I started my niece Vicky's sock last night and after 8 rows I fell asleep so my Knit Picks were not smokin last night! It must have been the excitement of my last trip to Tesco in my car. I decided to take it for a final spin before I SORN it today. I guess the excitement was too much for me as I fell asleep shortly after I returned home.
Today I went to water aerobics there was a very strange smell in there (no it wasn't us honestly) and it caught at the back of my throat. A lot of the ladies were coughing and a couple had to leave before the end of the lesson. My throat feels a little scratchy now. They must have been using something chemical somewhere in the centre and the smell was drifting around.
I snagged another bargain in the charity shop on the way home (photos later) I found a bag of Purple wool and one of Lilac so I was over the moon. It has no labels but I presume it is double knit acrylic, I also got a bag of white flecked baby yarn. More details later when I count up and weigh my stash. I found it very hard walking to the tram for aerobics today as my back has still not recovered from Monday. I have written an e mail to the hospital saying that I have gone worse and can they tell me when my op date is.
I need to walk the dog but first it's coffee time and feet up with my sock knitting for an hour whilst I watch 60 min makeover and see what the team are doing to someone's house today. I will try to finish off Perran's shawl tonight. I have the edging still to do. I might wait for Vicky's superior photos to post on the blog once it is finished.


4 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Perran looks lovely in her new top!

Anonymous said...

That shrug is so cute, and so is the little model. ;-) The sithc pattern is really pretty.
That's weird about the smell at aerobics, I hope there won't be any long term effects. Can't have them poisoning you!

June said...

What a pretty little shrug, it looks lovely on your model. I hope you get your back sorted out soon, it must be awful for you. What lovely stash, I will have to start looking in the charity shops from now on.

knittingdragonflies said...

So sweet. She looks lovely!
Smiles
Vicki