Tuesday 31 March 2009

Granny takes a Trip





Granny Takes a Trip is the name of the wonderfully colourful jacket that I am making for Lisa a Fellow Knitting Nora Calendar Lady. The pattern is by Ellene Warren and can be bought on Ravelry or other web sites I presume.I have made 6 squares so far so have only got 66 more to make plus 2 halves! This time I am crocheting over the tail ends as I go as the pattern suggests. I am sure that there will still be tail ends poking out of it all over the place but at least they will be secure.

I had a problem with having all the balls of wool spilling over the coffee table and the floor. It's hard to keep them tidy when each square is different. Choosing the colour sequences takes as much time as crocheting the square. I will have to duplicate some eventually but I will see how many variations I can do before that happens. I have pinched the bottom drawer from my craft stacking drawers in an attempt to keep them a bit tidier.

I diverted from the crochet squares last night to crochet a hat and have almost finished it. I still have the brim and the trim to make so photos of that hopefully tomorrow.

I have done a little more on the sock monkey similar to Ladybird Murphy and he almost has a body now. I have chosen grey, red and white as it is for a guy.

I am off to watch Loose Women now and try to finish off the hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find
It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.


Here is my web page :: Arab Granny