Tuesday 8 January 2008

Where has my routine gone to?

Since Christmas my daily routine has all gone to pot. I am getting up later and my breakfast is becoming my lunch. I wake up at the usual time but then turn over and stay in bed for another hour. I blame the dark, wetness of the days. In the summer I want to get up and out and seem to have loads of energy. In the winter I just want to curl up and snuggle under the duvet. Consequently my morning dog walk has got later and later and so has my breakfast and so therefore my painkiller pills are irregularly spaced. This has caused more pain with my back and so I want to lie down again and so it goes on. I always say "tomorrow will be different" but I suspect that until the sun starts to shine I will stay a sloth.
Perhaps I suffer from S.A.D. I noticed the other day someone on Freecycle was asking for a light box for S.A.D. My mother once toyed with buying one as she was far worse than I am. She practically hibernated every winter. I often wonder how much worse I would be if I didn't have the dog. I have to force myself to go out and walk him twice a day. When I was working I was forced to get up early but even then I didn't start to get any energy until after lunch.
I have just been offered a lawn mower and am off to pick that up this afternoon, if the car starts. I think I need a new battery (The car as well as me!). That's the trouble with old bangers there is always something they need. I have a lawn mower that someone else kindly gave me a couple of years ago but it tends to chew the grass rather than cut it.
Right I am off to watch Loose Women on the TV and do a bit more of the K2 P2 rib on Kath's jumper. I have reached the decreases for the raglan on the back now.

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

As you're 'your own woman' I'd go with the flow. Just try to be consistent with your pain relief. It has been documented that in communities of people who are not bound to a 9 to 5 lifestyle, winter is a very placid and slow time. Very little is done, but in the summer they are very, very active. It's only natural... bit like the spanish and their siestas as it's too hot.