Wednesday 1 October 2008

Something for the guys





As you know I have been crocheting things for the raffle so last night I decided to try and include something for the guys. Anything as a novelty to sell more raffle tickets. The pattern for this warmer can be found on Ravelry although I amended the pattern slightly. I was using different wool and so had to work more rows. I also altered the end to make it more realistic (well if my memory serves me right) If I make any more then I will crochet them using the knitted one as a template as I wasn't keen on knitting in the round with so few stitches. Perhaps I should make different sizes to cater for all egos.

I have come to a stop with the white and pink crocheted granny square shawl. I have run out of the white wool. I have other white wool in my stash but none of them match the one I have used. I can probably get another ball if I go up to Bury but I didn't go there today as not only did it never stop raining I was waiting for the water meter men. They arrived to inspect everything and said if I had one fitted in the pantry then I could get it fitted today otherwise I would have to wait for a gang to come and dig up the pavement to fit one outside. The meter isn't that big so I have had it fitted in there. At least if there is a burst in the street I won't be paying for the water flowing down the street. This is a scenario described in the leaflet. I could, of course, take out insurance against this happening but I am trying to cut down on monthly expenses and not add to them.

I have finished the pink lacy hat and scarf as you can see. I have started another hat with the pink wool left over but there won't be enough to make a matching scarf.

My knee is still sore. Every time the weather turns colder I get more aches and pains and so it hasn't helped the healing of my knee. It is still swollen and it's a week since I hurt it. If it doesn't improve soon I will have to seek some other help. Possibly a visit to the physio although these days all I would get is a piece of paper with exercises written on it. The days of heat treatment, massage and manipulation are long gone - unless you have the money to pay for private treatment.

7 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

hope you feel better Jan, the rain doesn't help:(
love the willy warmer:))

Mad about Craft said...

Love the willy warmer but I don't think I'll be able to pursude the Oh! Bearded One to wear one.

Anonymous said...

I used to crochet those little warmers back in the 70's.. I made them in red, green and white for Christmas presents.. and put a little jingle bell on the end of each tie.

I'm not sure the men(boys) liked them, but the wives in our gang thought they were really funny. Every one of those guys told me it was too small!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to make my man a willy warmer, but he tells me it doesn't get cold!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm looking at this site, cause my friends want this willy warmers but can't find the pattern?

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I can't find the exact pattern that I used but this is very similar https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1r1xvU5ahvbYmY3MTllMzQtOTA0Ni00OWUwLTkzOTAtOGEyYzg0NzVkMWYy/edit?hl=en

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Or this one http://www.mensknittingretreat.com/uploads/8/3/2/2/8322184/mywilliewarmer.pdf