Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Restless, sleepless night

I had a dreadful night's sleep last night and in the end I got out of bed and came downstairs to watch some TV. My legs were so restless and I couldn't stand the duvet on them. I felt like I had an army of ants crawling up and down them and no matter what I did with them or what I wore they itched and twitched all night. I looked up on the Internet as to whether it could have anything to do with the fact that I have now stopped taking the morphine tablets and apparently it is a well known side effect of morphine addiction. Gosh I always though addiction came on over months of drug abuse and not a couple of weeks of prescription pain relief. Scary or what?

The good news is that the symptoms usually subside within 5-7 days of stopping taking the drug so hopefully my legs will stop jerking about and I will get some sleep tonight. The blasted rain had affected my Sky signal and I got very annoyed with the lack of sleep plus the fact that half the programmes were missing on Sky due to the inclement weather.

Vicky came today and changed my bedlinen for me. I was extremely sleepy and very bad company and the moment she went upstairs I promptly fell asleep in the recliner. It's a good job that she knows me well and I hope doesn't take offence as I was really struggling to stay awake for her and the minute that she left I was fast asleep for an hour on the sofa.

The car coat is no more as you can see from the rewound balls. I had carried on with it even though it was pretty obvious that it would have fitted a baby elephant and I was running out of wool. I seem to have this thing lately where I assume that I am far larger than I am and things I make for myself turn out on the large side. I woke up this morning and decided to bite the bullet and unravel it all. I will leave it until I decide what to use the wool for next.

Vicky brought some Collinette silky yarn in a greenish grey and I have started Cinnabar from Everyday crochet. I must admit that I have started the first row 3 times now due to my inability to count and concentrate today due to tiredness so I don't think it will progress much tonight.

The book is a gift from Charlie. I have started to read it and I will let you know if I see any visible change in my attitude to life once I have finished it.

Cinders - once I am feeling better perhaps we could meet up at the new Coffee shop in Tesco as by the time you went up hill and down dale to get to my house your battery on your scooter would probably have died before you got back home! I had another little walk today and am working my way to a walk up to the village one day soon.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Ouch! I know that leg feeling all too well.

I hope you get some rest and those side effects ease off a bit.