Friday 22 August 2008

Cinnabar in Colinette





Vicky J came yesterday with her daughter and we spent a couple of hours chatting. She has taken the Blue Curacao shawl and has promised me some better photos of it once it is all finished off and blocked out a wee bit. I did take some photos of it with my web cam which I might post tomorrow.

Vicky liked 3 of the 4 revised squares for her granny square shawl so I can get on with some of them now I have finished the Cinnabar. She will let me know on the 4th colourway once it is decided.

I managed to get out for a short walk in the afternoon yesterday and walked as far as Iceland and M&S but this time without my stick. I must be improving. Luckily I got there and back before the heavens opened and the rain came down yet again.I am getting so sick of all this rain day after day. I will try another walk tomorrow as I need a few grocery items for the weekend. I can only carry a couple of items at a time but I don't need enough food to make up an online order from Tesco this week. I had stocked up the freezer and store cupboard before I went in hospital so have quite a lot of things stockpiled. I am in no danger of starving to death anytime soon! The main things I run out of are bread and milk.

The Cinnabar cardigan from Everyday Crochet by Doris Chan is finished (apart from sewing in all the tails). I have amended the pattern slightly and made the sleeves very slightly bell shaped rather than the tapered ones on the pattern. The colour hasn't photographed very well courtesy of our dull rainy weather. It took 400 grams of Colinette Lasso Colourway Castagna. It has a silky shimmer to it which might not be apparent from the photos. Another finished project for Vicky to pick up another day.

I am not sure if I will do some crochet squares tonight or make a start on another project. Maybe I will be a devil and do a bit of both? I didn't manage a walk today due to the weather. What happened to our summer this year? Bank holiday weekend and it looks as if it will be a another washout. I wouldn't have been going anywhere anyway so it makes no difference to me but I do feel sorry for people who get a couple of days off work and can't plan anything because of the rain.

I have lost a lot of my Sky channels again today because of all the rain. I hope that I can find something to watch tonight that isn't a repeat. I am so fed up of all the programmes that I like being re-runs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great darlin!
Glad to hear you're getting around better. Would you say things are better than before the operation, or is it too soon to tell?