Tuesday 10 May 2011

Third Pattern is the One


After 2 attempts with this pink Sirdar Big Softee I finally made a decision on the pattern and this time I am not unravelling it. I already had this Emu Snowball pattern in my collection from a few years ago and decided that the pink would look less like a bed jacket in this quite boxy pattern.


I managed to knit quite a few rows at the Kings Arms Knit Club last night. Since the photo was taken I have knitted a few more and the back is now finished and the pocket liners are knitted ready for when I start the fronts.

Yesterday I was just so tired. I tossed and turned and then when I finally got to sleep I had the kind of dream that I was glad to waken from. It was past 10 am when I finally got out of bed and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the day. The more sleep I have the droopier I am the day after, I did revive though when I got to the knit club.

I am still waiting for my steam mop to be delivered and when I got in touch with the firm in Ireland they gave me a reference number to check with Yodel ( previously called DHL) and when I researched it the mop didn't leave Dublin until the 9th May even though it was picked up from the firm before the Bank Holiday weekend. Some things that I order online come almost the day after and others seem to take the round about route. I guess that I will have to wait a few more days to see if it turns up. It's so maddening.

My black and white lodger Oscar turned up this morning for a sleep and slept until around 3.30pm. When he came in he was so tired that his little eyes kept shutting when I was talking to him. He must have been out of the town visiting his lady friends last night. He has scratches on his nose so either another tom took objections to his advances or the lady kitty in question did.

Buster isn't coming this week as my son cannot lay the concrete in this kind of weather. Although I don't that it actually rained today it has been very gloomy and the forecast was for rain. It's a shame that he didn't do his back patio when the sun was shining. Sunny days are so hard to predict in the UK especially in Manchester. We are not called the Rainy City for nothing. It's something to do with the Pennines or so I got told at school. The clouds come along and after they reach the Pennines they dump their rain on our side of the hills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the PERFECT pattern for that yarn. Love it!

Debbie T said...

I agree with Beverooni...love that pattern with that yarn, Jan!!! I hope as I'm typing this, you are catching up on your sleep. :=)

Arianwen said...

Just wanted to say that I just found your blog. Love it! Funny and down to earth totally refreshing. I am adding you to my blog roll