Saturday, 15 August 2009
Last of Veronica's baby Jackets
Today is what you might call a blustery day. I finished off the last of the matinee coats for baby Veronica and battled my way through wind and thrashing rain to the Post Office. I was almost a shop lifter in there. I picked out the right size Post Office box and then packed everything inside it, sealed it and wrote the address on. I went to the counter to get it weighed and to pay for the postage. I was walking away from the counter when I remembered that I hadn't paid for the box. Oops. Luckily I remembered in time. Whew.
I have looked at the photo of the lilac matinee and realised that I have buttoned it up wrong and the sides don't match. As it is on it's way to Liverpool I can't take another photo so you will just have to imagine that everything is OK. I made the little beanie hat with the rest of the pink lustre wool that I had used for her cluster stitch matinee coat and other hat. I crocheted a flower and added a ready made ribbon rosette with small beads in the centre.
The dark green flowered cardigan is one that I started a very long time ago and when I found the WIP the pattern was missing. It was in a book of Sirdar children's garments but it has gone stray. I have compromised my making plain sleeves. I remembered that the pattern also had flowers on the sleeves but I wasn't in the mood for trying to make new charts for flowers to finish it off. I just hope that it fits Veronica's big sister. If it doesn't then they will have to save it until the baby grows into it.
The rain has stopped but it is still blowing up a storm here. I was going to mow the lawn but I will wait until the grass dries out a bit - maybe tomorrow.