Monday 31 December 2007

Last post of 2007




Another year almost over. 2008 will be here tomorrow. Is it just me or are the years hurtling past at an alarming rate? Seems but months since I retired from work and yet 2 yrs have passed in a blink of an eye. Even the hours seem faster. Today I had so many plans for what to do with my day and yet I did hardly any of them.


I got up a bit late and so by the time I had showered, stripped the bed, sorted the washing, cleaned the bedroom and bathroom it was time for lunch not breakfast. A few years a go I would have had all that done in the blink of an eye. Guess I haven't noticed the passing of time has slowed me down. Mentally I feel like a spring chicken but physically I am more of an old boiling fowl. Still at least I am still able to do my chores, albeit slower than before, so I should be thankful of that.


I am still getting to know my PC. Still experiencing teething troubles with Internet Explorer and getting into my e mails. Hopefully the guy across the road will return from wherever he has been over Christmas or my son will visit soon and sort my problem out. It will be something very simple I am sure. My niece's boyfriend who set the PC up for me is safely home again in London so I can't mither him.


I am still unsure about the size of Kacey's hat. I doubled checked my tension and it is spot on to the pattern so maybe children's heads really are that large. It has to be lined so maybe that will take it in a bit. I am not sure if I will manage to embroider the snowflake as seen on the pattern (Itty Bitty Hat Book by Susan B. Anderson). I will press on regardless as I am in no mood to unpick (or frog) the hat any more times.


I am sure I will post tomorrow but just in case I wish everyone a Happy New Year. Good health, much happiness and may lots of wealth come your way (yeah right - if it does remember you know me so I don't have to write any begging letters !)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to a Happy 2008, and lots more blogging, knitting and of course... my first crocheted garment!