Sunday 30 December 2007

Crochet scarf finished




I managed to finish Vic's scarf off this morning as I had nodded off on the sofa last night with 4 rows still to finish. It took 300 grams of super chunky and I used Sirdar pattern 8577 which also has a crochet newsboy hat on it.
I have had about 4 starts on a Peruvian style hat for Kacey my elder great grand daughter but the first one in the lovely wool I had bought in the Sale was turning out so big that despite a couple of adaptations I did a lot of unpicking so I gave it up. I started again with a lovely soft ball of chunky that I bought from Bury market a little while ago but am still unsure if it is working out too big again. I am hoping that 2 -3 yrs old heads are larger than I remember them. That is the only problem with working from US books. The wool weight is all a bit of a guesswork. Aran thickness would have been the perfect match but as the pattern was shown in a shaded variegated yarn I was trying to get as close to the pattern as I could. Aran yarn only came in solid or fleck colours. The yarn I am using now is variegated but working up a lot darker than it looked in the ball. I will press on and finish it tomorrow and see how it looks with the embroidery and the brighter trim.

Not much knitting achieved today all in all. I am off to bed before 1am tonight as I am feeling a little tired from all these late nights.

No comments: