Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year





Sorry that I am a few days late with my New Year greeting but the last couple of days sort of ran away with me. After Buster went back home again on New Years Day I was feeling very tired as I had been up in the night at least once with him all the time that he was with me. When I get tired then every bone aches.

Subsequently I slept until mid day on the 2nd which made me very droopy all the rest of the day and today I slept in until 10am but I am starting to feel a bit better now and actually started to do some housework. I haven't gone mad though as my back has been aching badly for the last 3 days. Maybe it's the weather, or maybe I have been sleeping funny, or maybe I have been sleeping with my back in one place for too long and my body is stiff. Who knows, but hopefully it will return to normal soon. In the meantime I am doing a bit of housework and then having a sit down before I start again. It's slow going but it will get done eventually. Oh for the energy to whizz around the house as I did when I was a few years younger.

I have finally finished off my Great Grand Daughter's crochet cardigans. They were supposed be going in their Christmas stockings but I didn't make them in time. The elder one has a birthday in January so I will give them then plus the two knitted jackets that I have started for them. They are in chunky so shouldn't take me long to make.

I am not sure if I like these crochet jackets. Maybe it is the pattern style which looks a bit matinee jacket or maybe the colours are a bit busy for the style of jacket. I have used up a pack of stash wool that I have had for at least 2yrs so at least there is one pack of wool less in my stash!. The wool was some branded, but label less, sale wool from Bury market and the pattern is King Cole 3033.

I haven't made anything for the girls for a long time as I am never sure if they wear anything that I have made but as their mother was admiring my crochet when she came to visit last time I thought that I would give it one more try. If they don't wear these new woollies then I will give up altogether. I know that they wear their hats so I might include a couple of hats in their woolly pile.

I am now going to tackle putting the throws back on the sofas and cushion covers on the cushions. Everything has to get washed when Buster has been as he moults everywhere. I think that there is just enough time to fit in a cup of coffee before I tackle this.

3 comments:

crazymotheringchick said...

I think these jackets are adorable. Love the little shells at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

I think they are really pretty and you did a fantastic job on them.

Sharon Marie said...

Hi, I am passing on the "Stylish Blogger Award" to you. You can pick it up at my blog on this page: http://homeofalonelywoman.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-blog-won-award.html
Sharon Marie