Friday 23 February 2007

Dog owner




The knitting and crochet have taken a bit of a back seat for the last couple of days as I have now become the official new mummy ( grannie?) to my son and daughter in law's dog. He is used to coming to me for holidays and so is quite happy at the moment. Quite how he will be when he realises that he is stuck with me I don't know. He has not been deserted by them and I am sure they will visit and take him for walkies often. My son was quite upset at the thought of leaving him with me but it is the best solution. It's not like he is leaving the family or anything,
Now we have 2 new babies in the family the dog was having to play second (or third) fiddle to the little ones and he was demanding a lot more attention than they were able to give him, and therefore being a bit naughty around the house, so at the moment he is better off with me as I am at home all day and able to give him all the attention is craving
I am waiting for major back surgery and some days I find walking very painful and difficult so the dog will either make me as fit as a flea or knackered. The jury is still out on that one! We have just been out for the second walk of the day. I only wish I could walk him as far and as quickly as he would like. We get by with a lot of stick and ball throwing! I almost killed him last night. I gave him one of those dried pigs ear dog treats and it got stuck in his throat. He was at the eye rolling choking stage and I literally had to fish the ear out of his throat. Did he thank me? No - He grabbed the ear back and started chewing it again. Needless to say I will watch him like a hawk if he has any more treats or when he chews his teeth cleaning sticks.
I am finding knitting and crochet a bit difficult unless he dozes off as he thinks anything remotely ball shaped is for him to play with! When I first got my cat he was like that but the novelty wore off after a while so I am hoping it will with the dog.
Luckily the dog and cat are used to each other and apart from an ocassional skirmish the cat haughtily ignores him! The main problem is getting them to eat their own food., they have a passion for each others!

No comments: