Wednesday 21 September 2011

I'm Late For A Very Important Date

I feel like the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I'm late. I'm late for a very important date. No time to say Goodbye - Hello I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

Eek the Vintage fair where I have a stall is on Sunday and I still have lots to do. I promise that I will catch up with events after Sunday. In the meantime I am slaving over a hot crochet hook!


Part of the bunting for my stall. Now I am having second thoughts - is it too retro rather than vintage? Wish I have time to crochet another 12 triangles in different colours. Perhaps more subtle?


Meanwhile more buttons are arriving from China. I have just shown one of each on here. I got them from EBay and they are so cheap compared with buttons from the haberdashers.


Such cute little wooden teddies.


Another outfit finished for the fair. Not sure what happened to this photo but it is actually dusty pink!


This is more like the colour.


One of my favourite distractions. One of three reasons why I am running late. The other 2 reasons are called Poppy and Buddy (next door's dogs).  Still I love them all dearly especially Buster. He is such good company when he visits me for the weekend. I wish that I could have him back with me all the time but I simply can't walk him any more. He is such a happy dog. All he asks from life is some attention, food and to be played with and his life is content. He does think that he is still a lap dog which is why I am behind with my crochet. Dog hair and crochet do not go together.

Enough waffling. It's time to get the sparks flying from my crochet hook! I will hopefully remember to take my camera to the fair and show you the things that you have missed seeing in my rush.

7 comments:

Florence said...

Take a breath and carry on! I think it looks good but is a bit retro rather than vintage. I'm sure you will figure something out. The sweater is lovely! Buster is adorable and I'm sure he's very good company.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't forget your camera as I'm dying to see photos of the fair. I love the bunting and think it will be very eye-catching. I agree with FoFo. Take a deep breath and carry on.

CrochetBlogger said...

Everything's looking great. I hope you have a terrific experience. And I agree with Bev - take pictures!

marg41 said...

Have missed you Jan, love the banner, you will stand out in the crowds. Hope you sell heaps at the craft fair. BIG hug for Buster.

SEO Consultant London said...

I have a close friend who would like to contact you regarding the 70's Style Crochet pattern you did back in April. Is there anyway of getting in touch? Many thanks.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Reply to Jells. You can contact me through Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/people/55069560@N00/
or if you are on Ravelry I am theurbangypsy
I don't like putting my e mail address on my blog as it leads to lots of unwelcome spam from people trying to sell me things.

CROCHETIENDA said...

congratulations your works are beautiful
I invite her to visit my blog
greetings
from Spain